Although a sunroof and moonroof may seem like they are the same thing, there is a difference between the two.
- What is a sunroof? This feature is composed of a panel made of glass or metal installed in the roof of a car, truck, or SUV, which slides open or pops up to allow light and air into the cabin.
- What is a moonroof? It’s typically a clear or tinted glass panel that slides between the roof and the headliner, and it usually tilts open.
No matter which option you find on your vehicle, both are great for allowing you to experience the outdoors around Grosse Pointe while making the interior of your car seem more spacious.
What are Panoramic Roof Systems?
The different types of sunroofs and moonroofs include:
One of the most popular around St. Clair Shores is the panoramic roof. Many mainstream vehicles offer this feature as an available add-on, and it is often a standard offering on luxury cars. Panoramic roofs come with multiple panels in the roof that are either operable or fixed. This allows front and rear passengers to open their panel and let in the fresh air and sunlight.
Models Available With a Sunroof or Moonroof
Here at Jeffrey Acura, we carry a wide assortment of pre-owned cars, trucks, SUVs, and minivans that feature a sunroof, moonroof, or panoramic roof. If you are shopping for a used car with a sunroof around Sterling Heights, we have a list of used vehicles to consider:
- Acura: Acura MDX, RDX, ILX, TLX, and RLX models frequently feature a power moonroof.
- Chevrolet: A Chevy Suburban with sunroof, or an Equinox with a panoramic power sunroof are both options for drivers that want an SUV.
- Honda: Among the many advantages of a used Honda is the power/tilt moonroof featured in models such as the Accord, Civic, CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot, and Ridgeline.
- Lexus: A power tilt/slide moonroof can be found on select models of the Lexus ES, GX, LX, and RX.
- Mercedes-Benz: Among used Mercedes models, you’ll find a power tilt/slide tinted glass sunroof in the C-Class sedan, a sliding and tilting glass sunroof with sunshade in the E-Class, and a panoramic moonroof in the S-Class.
- Toyota: Consider models like the RAV4, Land Cruiser, and Highlander which all can feature a power tilt/slide moonroof. If you prefer a sedan, the Camry often comes with a panoramic two-panel moonroof.