How to Replace Windshield Wiper Blades
Worn out wiper blades are a nuisance and a safety hazard. Want to know how to replace windshield wiper blades yourself? Follow these simple steps:
It’s easy to see if your wiper blades are working properly with the weather in Troy, West Bloomfield, and Farmington Hills. But every six to 12 months, take a closer look for wear and tear as well as any cracks.
An Easy DIY Project
- Check your manual for the correct blade size.
- Remove the first wiper blade by lifting the arm away from the windshield, depressing the small tab where the underside of the blade meets the arm, and sliding the wiper blade off the arm.
- Slide the new wiper blade onto the arm, where it will click into place.
- Repeat the process for the other wiper blade.
- Test your new wipers to make sure they work.
Hand it Over to the Pros
The Jeffrey Acura Service Center can replace your wiper blades while you’re getting an oil change or your car detailed. Our technicians love to make sure your car is in tip-top shape, and we have lots of good advice for taking care of it. Don’t wait! Contact us today!